Sunday, June 12, 2011

Anger - A Game of Fool's Gold

So here I am, nearing midnight in Indianapolis and I am wide awake in my hotel room. It's not much of a surprise for those who know me well, I have never been much for sleep. My mind rarely allows for a good nights rest. My mind is fixed tonight on many different things. Tomorrow morning I start the first day in a week of sales training at the Dow AgroSciences global headquarters in Zionsville, IN. Aside from that there are some important people in my life that way heavily on the squeaky wheels of my brain. My heart aches for one and longs to defend another. Consequently I am where I am within my thoughts tonight - wondering about why the world is so angry.

We are all guilty of it in varying degrees. At some point we have just plain lost it. Maybe it was frustration with a co-worker, or that guy who cut you off driving home from work! I mean, seriously, couldn't he just check his mirror?! Or, sad as it may be, some fall prey to the passion that leads to theft or the temper that leads to murder. Either way they all fall back on a primitive fault we all posses, anger.

Have we forgotten who that motorist is, in spite of their terrible driving? They are our brothers, sisters, neighbors and friends. Has the world become so busy that we can't pause, bridal our passions and think of who they are to the creator of us all? I know I certainly have room to grow. Can we really sew anger and expect love? A truism in life is that when we sew a little thistle, we get a lot of thistle in return. Shouldn't we, even if it is for selfish reasons, love our brothers so we can expect love in return?

I can't help but think of Cane and Abel. It is recorded that after Cane had murdered Abel, he was called on by the Lord. The Lord asked Cane "Where is Abel, thy brother." Cane, snapping back, replies "I know not. Am I my brother's keeper?" If I may take the liberty of inserting my own emotions about this tragic passage of holy writ, I think the Lord's response was probably one of heart broken concern, not just for Abel, but Cane as well. Painstakingly he might have replied, "No, Cane. But you are your brother's, brother."

How often are we not our brother's, brother? Be that figuratively or literally. Do we forget that though there may be differences that separate us, that we are spiritually bound in the cause of life? Why don't I more frequently see the angels in those around me and love as Christ would love. Believe in who Christ is or not, it requires your faith both ways. Call it Christian dogma, or not, but love is the answer and will build bridges that span the eternities. The Christian message will bind all peoples, nations, and races together for time and eternity. All we need to do, is move our foolish pride aside and see angels instead of demons.

To Kendra - I love you. You are my best friend and confidant. From afar off, I wish you a good night and safe travels. I pray you feel my love and adoration as we are apart over this next little while. I will see you soon. Forever yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment