Thursday, February 17, 2011

And So It Begins

Well, here is the inevitable. I am an official blogger as of tonight. As such I feel some subtle obligatory duty to explain myself with my new endeavor. Through tired eyes and the longing for sleep I will say this, I love to write. I haven't always felt this way about writing. In fact, writing is something I have developed a taste for over the course of high school and collegiate studies. I don't claim to be anything magnificent, I just simply claim to enjoy it. So, consequent to the desire to continue my writing since graduation from the University of Utah I am starting this blog. I can't necessarily dedicate this to a particular cause. I can however, lend the purpose of my blog to entertain a variety of ideas from religion, culture, politics, and the adventures of my life. Simply stated, I am looking forward to it.

Choosing the name for the blog was much more of an ordeal than I expected it to be. In a frantic outcry for help my lovely fiance came to the rescue (as usual) and walked me through a slew of potential ideas. Eventually, the conclusion came to "The Sandbox." For those of you who know me you probably realize that my approach to life is rather simple and straightforward. I generally see things in black and white (though I can acknowledge that they aren't always so). I know the hobbies I love. I hold my faith close to my heart. I have been fortunate in life to have friends who have really been just that, a friend. Last, but certainly not least, I have Kendra. I adore her. She is my best friend, my confidant, and my companion. Surely there will be much about her on this.

I decided to label the page "The Sandbox" because it is all of those things I just mentioned that make me who I am. They define me. That definition is rather simple, like a sandbox. There isn't much to it. Usually some type of wood frame and a huge pile of sand. Often times we pass it by and maybe even scoff a little at the thought of rolling around in a giant box of kitty-litter as a child. Think about what we learned there amidst all of those would-be cat droppings! We learned the most valuable lessons that life has to offer. We learned simplicity. We learned to share, to play nice, to hold hands, to forgive and that life is almost always better in two's.

I hope through the course of not only this blog, but also my life, to remember the lessons I learned in the sandbox. I plan to share the adventures that lie ahead of me and the things that motivate, inspire and move me along the way.

Until next time, ye bloggers. Until next time.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the first one to comment on your blog!! I'm so glad you have begun one....for we have missed our "Elder Lloyd" out here, and it will be great to keep connected in even another way. It sounds like it will be a great one, and I'm looking forward to your entries.
    Love to you!
    (I didn't realized Meg was signed in, so I first commented under her name...thus the deleted comment above. Great. First post on your blog and I mess up. Typical.)

    ReplyDelete